Will the newly launched iPad 3 be able to blow down laptop systems? This is a common question among the laptop users and leading tech specialists. Apple is known for modern and innovative technical gadgets all round the year and iPad 3 is its newest creation. Disregarding the fact whether Apple iPad 3 will consist of VW Beetle bud vase or a screen with retina display or one dual core processor, it is said that this iPad won’t replace a laptop system.
iPad Works as Laptop – Is it true?
It is said that iPads cannot replace laptops. However, the reality is something different from what is being said. Whenever I am waiting in the airport queue or have coffee at the café shop, I find many people using the iPads for doing things that previously could only be performed on a laptop. To say that an iPad does not substitute a laptop system for the majority of the people does not entail that it doesn’t substitute for anybody.
To some an iPad certainly does the work of a laptop. Many users are found not to use a laptop to suffice their computing needs when they have an iPad at hand. John P. Mello Jr. commented that people do use iPads for creating and consuming content by performing word processor in the device. Hence, the debate whether tablets can be counted as PCs continues.
iPad vs Ultrabooks
Image Source: lenovo.com
It is true that iPads are used for several functions like email checking, reading books, watching movies and surfing the internet. But if you have a firm belief that tablets can replace laptops, you should pay heed to some significant points.
1) Laptops have entered the technical market in the long past and have proved itself to be one of the efficient portable devices. Think of ultrabooks. These devices weigh less than 3 pounds, some amount more than any iPad with a keyboard. Leaving the weight, there are other benefits of using the ultrabook – a full size keyboard, 5 to 7 hours of battery backup and digitally clear 13.3 inch display screen.
With so many facilities it is a little disappointing to know that Intel comments “ultrabooks are like tablets when desire it and like PCs when you are in need of it“.
2) There is no denying of the fact that CES’ Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga’s keyboard or the ZaggFolio’s keyboard is clever in appearance but they are not much in vogue now except the 2010’s Dell Inpsiron Duo and 1999’s Vadem Clio.
3) It may appear to you that laptops and ultrabooks are not perfect but let me tell you that these devices deliver conventional computing experiences. You can freely use these computer systems without being worried of frequent glitches and unpleasant surprises pertaining to compatibility and productivity.
4) There may be variety of devices and functionalities but the general trend of the people is to move with the crowd dumbly. You may have learnt about LibreOffice but when it comes to producing some office documents, you rely on Microsoft Office. Again, when I am to present a report to my senior, I revert back to Word putting aside FocusWriter and Atlantis.
And what device can produce a report or a document of the standard type? It’s the laptop. Laptop performs these tasks for millions of users. For all these reasons, laptops are still held high in comparison to tablet PCs. Laptops will always maintain its position in the tech market no matter whether Apple makes some brilliant discoveries.
Image Source: BGDL
5) iPad’s keyboard is awkward in appearance. The fingers start drifting and you ultimately end up in creating a gibberish page. Editing – another headache, if you are using an iPad. Fine replacement of words with fingertips is almost impossible and takes a long time to edit a single article. In that case, using a laptop with real mouse and keyboard is a much easier task.
6) Besides all these features, the price of an iPad is what bars it from replacing a laptop. You can make a complete laptop deal at the price of the cheapest iPad.
Apple no doubt has its own shades and will work wonders with its iPad creation. Some users even hope that the tablet market extends beyond the PC market in near future. Just wait and watch…
Written by Robert Goldsmith. Edited by Rahul Chowdhury.
Robert Goldsmith is an expertise laptop repair service provider. To learn about laptop’s stunning features, contact him.
Featured Image Source: Sean MacEntee