When you lose your phone, you feel miserable as it was one of your greatest possessions. Besides, the phone carried a whole lot of data and personal information, and you may be worried that the data may be tampered by thieves. If you are apprehensive with the fact that your Android phone has been stolen, you can take it easy as there is something good in store for you. The mobile technology has designed an excellent service through which you can recover your stolen Android phone. With the invention of mobile monitoring applications, individuals can ease their mind to recover their phone.
Before understanding the functioning of monitoring apps, you must ensure that you follow the essential steps to be under minimum loss. Your stolen phone may consist of useful information such as email account password, online banking password, and other related sensitive information. So, change the passwords of all such accounts immediately without any further delay to avoid further thefts or loss.
Basic Steps To Follow If Your Lose Your Phone
- Make a call: As a first step, initiate a call to your lost phone number. If your phone is stolen then it’s quite obvious that the thief won’t respond to your call. However, there is no harm in giving it a try.
- Report to the Police about the theft: It hardly takes time to file the theft report. When you locate the thief through the software, it will be easier to seek help from the police through the report.
- Inform your service provider: Before the thief makes an attempt to make extensive calls from your phone, contact your service provider and request them to block the service with immediate effect.
- Install mobile monitoring application: After you have followed these basic steps, you can make use of the mobile monitoring apps to recover your stolen Android phone.
How Does Mobile Monitoring Apps Help To Recover Your Phone?
You may wonder how these apps help to recover your stolen phone as it seems to be the most difficult task. If you install the software, you can trace your Android phone in no time. In order to download the software, you need to click on the particular application you wish to download, and install the software post acquisition. Post completion of acquisition and installation process, you can track the Android device by logging into the web account.
The use of mobile monitoring apps is not only for surveillance purposes, but can be used to retrieve your stolen Android phone too. You can trace the location of your missing or stolen phone, and at the same time secure the data stored in it so that it is not misused by the thief. With the help of GPS capabilities, you can pinpoint the location of your stolen phone precisely to check if it is being used by someone. Instead of sulking over the fact that your phone has been lost, you can track your phone by installing the mobile tracking software such as Mobile Spy, Spy Bubbly, Mobistealth, Flexispy, and so on.
Basic Features Of Monitoring Software
In addition to tracking the lost phone, the software has many more features that help to perform the monitoring acts in an accurate manner. Some of the basic features of the software include,
- Tracks all text messages including its full-length content
- Records and saves the logs of dialed and received calls along with the phone number, time, date and duration of the call.
- Captures all inbound and outbound emails Notifies when the SIM card is removed or replaced with some other SIM
- Wipes the data stored in your phone remotely through a silent SMS sent by you, to ensure that an outsider does not gain access to it when your phone is lost.
The amazing part about this mobile tracking software is that the suspect cannot detect the software installed on his or her phone. The technology is quite superior, and hence the software works in a covert manner to ensure that the thief does not get suspicious about your attempts to trace your lost phone.
To conclude, Smartphone users should be well prepared to deal with such situations and download the application regardless of whether the phone is stolen or not. If you are keen to install the monitoring software on your Android device, you can consider Flexispy, Mobile Spy, Stealth Genie, Spy Bubbly, and so forth.
Written by Lucille. Edited by Aritra Roy.
Lucille J Cronk is a blogger who loves to write about mobile technology, Android, iPhone and various other cell phone spy applications. She has her own blog dedicated to Cell Phone Spy.