We all know that images are the biggest threat to web page loading speed. It is the main factor behind slowing down any website or blog. Even blogs using very costly servers and CDN are not exempted for the effect of image slowing down the entire site performance. But in this article I am going to show you a very intelligent way to solve this image loading problem by just using a simple plugin. The name of this magical plugin is “Lazy Load Plugin” . It is a jQuery plugin that can also be very very easily implemented in WordPress with just a simple click of a button. Even popular blogs like Mashable, TechCrunch are also making effective use of this plugin. So after reading this post, you problem of snail-like slow web pages are over.
The Concept of Lazy Loading
The concept is quite simple. Lazy loading is a nifty way to load images in a long web page. In this method the images that are on demand are loaded first. So when the user scrolls through the web page, the images are loaded one after the other. The plugin ensures that only the images that are in the viewpoint of the reader are loaded first and the other images are left untouched.
How Lazy Load Plugin Improves Site Performance
Lazy Load plugin is a nifty plugin that can drastically improve any sites performance. We all know that images are an important factor that makes a webpage slow. Images can bring even the most costly servers to its knees by slowing down the site. But Lazy Loading is a smart way to deal with this problem. Its loads only those images that are in the view point, and the others when an user scrolls down to view them. This simple technique drastically makes the webpage or blog blazing fast.
For example, suppose you make a post on “50 Creative and Inspirational Wallpapers for your desktop”. But without this plugin, the post will be slower than even your grandma crossing the road. The browser will try to load all 50 images simultaneously, and the bandwidth will get distributed, so not a single image will load properly and will give huge pressure on the server. But tell me one thing is there any need to load the 50th image before the 10th image, the visitor will not go to the 50th image first. So what we can do here, is simply lazy load images as the user scrolls down the web page.
Now, installing the plugin makes a huge change in the scenario. All the images are lazily loaded in the order in which they are posted and also if the visitor scrolls through them and make them come in the viewpoint. This technique makes the entire bandwidth available to a single image and the images load even faster the light.
Lazy Loading in SEO Point of View
I can not end a single article without touching the SEO factor a bit, and even when lazily loading images has a huge SEO importance. We should all know and understand the importance of Page Speed in SEO. For Google, speed is a very important factor while ranking webpage’s in the SERP’s. And this plugin makes the drastic difference.
For example, lets consider the post that I gave an example of in the previous section. Now before installing this plugin, go and check the speed of your page with the help of Google Page Speed online. And now install the plugin and check the score again. I don’t need to say anything, you yourself will be able to see the drastic improvement in the score and thereby increasing the chance in top 10 rankings in the search engine.
How Lazy Loading Saves Bandwidth & Reduces Server Costs
This is yet an another important factor that we can manage by lazy loading images. If we have sites with huge amount of images, all load up simultaneously and the server suffers a huge pressure in terms of bandwidth. Thus there is a need to buy costly servers or even seek the help of CDN (Content Delivery Network). But this simple plugin can make the scenario change a lot. You don’t need costly servers anymore as this simple plugin uses extraordinary technique to tackle your image loading problem.
A List Of 5 Useful Lazy Load Plugins
You don’t need to move anywhere else for grabbing a this plugin. You are in daPazze, and here we try to provide our readers with the best possible content. So we have worked hard to find the best of the plugins for your blog. We have tested them, and complied a list of the most effective and bug free plugins just for the daPazze readers.
1) jQuery lazy load plugin- This is the best plugin of all time if you want to lazy load images in your blog.. It is trusted by over 50K users and is so far the best lazy load plugin available. Even daPazze.com is powered by this plugin and is one of the reasons behind the blazing fast speed of daPazze.
2) Lazy Load - This is by my assumption the second best plugin in this context. You can also use it. But according to my recommendation go for the first one. Its the best.
3) WordPress Advanced Lazy Load Plugin - This is a premium plugin, so if you are interested in spending some money for getting this feature then definitely go for this plugin. This plugin gives many other features that the free plugins don’t give you. But according to my opinion go for the first plugin. There is no need to empty your pockets to avail this plugin in your blog.
4) MooTools Lazy Load - If you don’t want to use jQuery in your site then consider having this plugin. This is also a very good plugin that offers various nifty features.
5) Lazy Loader- This plugin is same as the first two plugins but the only difference is that this plugin is configurable. There are various options that you can try out in your dashboard.
So, this article have made you understand the concept of lazy loading, how it works, its importance in SEO point of view and also a list of the 5 best Lazy Load plugins available in the internet. I hope I could have helped my readers with this article. If you still face any difficultly in finding, installing or configuring any plugin, feel free to comment here.